Palo Cortado Monteagudo
The most sought-after wine in the nooks of bodegas. It combines all the virtues of the best Amontillados on the nose and of the finest Olorosos in the mouth. It is a wine which was born by chance, the result of a mystery yet to be solved. Complex, very long equally suited for solitary meditation and lively conversation among friends.
100% Palomino variety. Initially this wine is subject to biological aging process, however, less than an Amontillado; it then undergoes oxidative aging. Aging takes place in American and French casks for about 12-14 years through “Criaderas & Solera” system. It is available in bottles of 75 cl. and is 19% ABV.
Bright amber in color, displays powerful notes of nuts, highlighting especially almond and hazelnut, but there are also notes of walnut and coffee. Wood notes come through in the aroma. It is very dry and complex, it displays outstanding wide-ranging flavor and a lingering persistence. It’s a bit smoother than Amontillado but not as smooth as an Oloroso wine.
You can appreciate all its infinite hints alone, or with a good cigar. It pairs perfectly, at any rate, with traditional cuisine and is an excellent companion for cocidos (gumbos) and stews.
- 94 puntos Guía Wine Up 2019
- 91 puntos Wine Spectator 2019
- 91 puntos Guía Peñín 2016
- 91 puntos Guía Xtreme 2016
- 90 puntos Guía Peñín 2019
- Medalla Oro International Wine Awards 2019
- Medalla Plata Premios Mezquita 2019
- Medalla Gran Oro International Wine Awards 2018
- Medalla Gran Oro CIVAS 2017
- Medalla de Plata International Wine Challenge 2015
37.5 cl, 75 cl